Beddgelert was built by the Hunslet Engine Company of Leeds in 1878 (works number 206) for the North Wales Narrow Gauge Railway, where it worked mainly on the Bryngwyn branch and was ideally suited to the heavy freight trains.
Unfortunately, the engine was scrapped in 1906 as it was considered uneconomical to repair.
Technical specifications for 'Beddgelert'.
- 0-6-4 outside framed chassis with two double acting slide valve cylinders operated by Roundhouse inside valve gear.
- Exhaust enhancer.
- Internal gas firing using the ROUNDHOUSE 'FG' gas system.
- Water top-up system and water gauge.
- Controls fitted as standard are :- steam regulator, safety valve, pressure gauge, displacement lubricator, gas regulator and reversing gear.
- Dimensions (loading gauge) are :- length 385mm (over buffers), width 106mm, height 140mm, weight 4.6kg (with r/c).
- Full radio control is available for both regulator and reversing valve gear using 2.4GHz R/C equipment.
- A gauge conversion kit is available separately to allow changing between 32mm and 45mm gauge. Please state gauge required when ordering loco.
- Supplied with etched brass name and works plates.
- Fitted as standard with insulated wheels.
0-6-4 saddle tank locomotive Beddgelert
- Product Code: BeddgelerR/C
- Availability: Call to Pre-Order
- Ex Tax: £1,495.83