The model is of works number 57148 which was built in the same year as 'Mountaineer' and depicts her as running in preservation on the Chemin de Fer Froissy-Cappy-Dompierre in northern France.
The full sized locomotive is currently on the Tacot des Lacs, a preserved railway at Grez sur Loing about 40 miles south east of Paris.
Technical specifications for 'Alco'.
- Internal gas firing using our ‘FG’ type burner.
- Outside framed 2-6-2 chassis with two double acting slide valve cylinders operated by simplified Walschaerts type valve gear.
- Exhaust enhancer.
- Water top-up system and water gauge.
- Controls fitted as standard are :- steam regulator, safety valve, pressure gauge, displacement lubricator, gas regulator and reversing gear.
- Glazed cab spectacles.
- Dimensions (loading gauge) are, Length 365mm over buffers, Width 110mm, Height 145mm, Weight 3.9 Kg. (with Radio Control fitted).
- Full radio control is available for both regulator and reversing valve gear using 2.4GHz R/C.
- A gauge conversion kit is available separately to allow changing between 32mm and 45mm gauge. Please state gauge when ordering.
- Fitted with insulated wheels as standard.
- Supplied with etched brass works plates.
- Supplied in WD grey with black boiler and domes unless otherwise requested and lettered either WD or RL1257 (please state preference at time of ordering)
Roundhouse Alco WD R/C
- Product Code: Alco
- Availability: Call to Pre-Order
- Ex Tax: £1,683.33